Active Gap Gauge ™
Active Gap Gauge is the most accurate and reliable tool for measuring clearance requirements per NFPA 80 Code Compliance. It’s simple – if the gauge can be inserted, the door is out of compliance! Active Gap Gauge will provide you with the exact gap or clearance measurements, and the size solution required for the door to meet code requirements.
It’s the only tool you’ll ever need when inspecting fire doors and frames.
Why Our Gap Gauge?
- Compact and easy to use
- Precise measurements every time
- Quality Material – not plastic like other products
- Inspections are efficient and less time consuming
- Can be used with any door
How to Use:
- Measure from the pull side of the door
- If the Gauge can be inserted, the door is out of compliance
- If the Gauge cannot be inserted, the door is in compliance
Got a Gap? Fill it With an Active Gap Filler:
- 1/8″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 1/16″
- 1/4″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 1/8″
- 1/2″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 3/8″
- 3/8″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 1/4″
- 5/8″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 1/2″
- 3/4″ gap needs Active Gap Filler 5/8″
NFPA 80: The clearance between the top and vertical edges of the door and frame, and the meeting edges of doors swinging in pairs, shall be 1/8″ +/- 1/16″ for steel doors and shall not exceed 1/8″ for wood doors.